Thank You for your interest in Main Line Protection Services. We are a licensed organization governed by the Pennsylvania Private Detective Act which dictates some of our hiring standards. We adhere to compliance with federal and state employment and security laws, contractual requirements and the fair credit reporting act. There is no need to follow up once your application is submitted. You will be contacted if we have any questions
If you are scheduled for an interview it is important that you dress and look appropriate and bring two forms of Identification.
If you pass our interview, we may make an offer of employment. This offer will be on the condition that you pass the following: Drug Screen, Background check, criminal history check,
reference check. Successful candidates will be contacted and notified if they have been deemed to be eligible for employment with Main Line Protection Services.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Main Line Protection Services provides equal employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, veteran’s status, creed, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetic (GINA) or any other protected category.
Our continued success depends heavily on the full and effective utilization of qualified persons. We strive to hire, develop, and retain the most qualified people we can find basing our judgment on each individual’s job-related qualifications, capabilities, and potential.
Our policies relate to all phases of employment, including advertising, recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion/demotion, training, transfer, layoff, recall, termination, compensation and rates of pay and participation in all employer sponsored employee activities.
Job Title: Security Officer
- Guards residential, commercial, industrial or construction properties against fire, theft, vandalism and illegal entry by performing the following duties:
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Additional duties may be assigned.
- Patrols buildings and grounds of residential or commercial establishments.
- Examines doors, windows and gates to determine that they are secure.
- Warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles and expels persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts.
- Inspects equipment and machinery to ascertain if tampering has occurred.
- Watches for and reports irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes and security doors left unlocked.
- Observes departing personnel to guard against theft of company property.
- Sounds alarm or calls police or fire department by telephone in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Permits authorized persons to enter property.
- Registers at watch stations to record time of inspection trips.
- Records data such as property damage, unusual occurrences and malfunction of machinery or equipment.
- Performs light janitorial duties when necessary and sets thermostatic controls to maintain specified temperature in buildings or cold storage rooms.
- Assist in snow removal when necessary.
- Regulates vehicle and pedestrian traffic.
- Patrols site, indoors or outdoors for long periods of time. Some sites may require you to remain standing stationary for long periods of time.
To perform the job successfully and individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Problem solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs. Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification. Written Communication – Able to read and interpret written information. Ethics – Upholds organizational values. Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures. Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work on time. Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum of high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Ability to read and write the English language and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Light computer skills, use of smart phones and other mobile devices etc. for electronic reporting.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certification currently needed. Valid driver license . (required for vehicle patrol and preferred for all sites)
Pass extensive background check Pass criminal record check. Pass drug screening Must be a United States Citizen or posses a legal Visa. Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described her are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here a Representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some examples are: Ability to lift and carry 45 pounds without assistance. Exposure to hot and cold temperatures. Long periods of sitting, standing or walking. Ability to operate a motor vehicle.